Welcome To Class 4!
Class 4 is taught by Mrs Cryer. We are extremely lucky to be joined by Mrs Reid throughout the week. Class 4 is made up of children from both Year 4 and Year 5.
What Will We Be Learning?
Theme - Our Geography focus this half term is Climate and Biomes. We will be building on our science Earth and Space unit last term to think about climate in different parts of the world, learning what a biome is, how climate, plants and animals are connected and finally thinking about climate change and how this affects the biomes we have studied.
English - Our class novel this half term is The Last Polar Bear by Hannah Gold. We will be exploring this text during our Reading lessons, alongside a range of other shorter non-fiction texts which support our understanding of the class novel. We will be using a wordless picture book called The Whale by Ethan and Vita Murrow to inspire us in our writing lessons.
Maths - This half term, we will continue to learn about decimals, percentages and money. We will be continuing to develop our times tables knowledge every week by using TT Rockstars. We will also do Rapid Recall Facts twice a week to help us develop our maths fluency skills.
Science - Over the SummerTerm we will be studying Animals and their habitats.
PE - Class 4 do PE every Tuesday and Thursday. Children do not need to bring in a PE kit this term. Instead, children need to come to school in their PE kit and wear it all day, ready for the lesson. This half term we will be doing dance and games. Please could children not wear ear rings on PE days.
Things You Need To Know:
- What To Bring: children should bring their book bags with their reading book and planner, a water bottle and waterproof coat with them every day. Please could long hair be tied up.
- Spellings: Class 4 will do a spelling test every Friday. A list of each week’s spellings has been emailed to parents, uploaded on the Class 4 page, and stuck into children’s Brainbuilder books.
- Brainbuilders: children will bring their Brainbuilder books home with them at the start of each half term. There will be a menu of Brainbuilder tasks for the children to choose from and complete each week. These tasks can be completed in their Brainbuilder books and/or emailed to Mrs Cryer using the Class 4 email address. Please do not bring Brainbuilder books in every week. Instead, please return them to Mrs Cryer during the final week of half term.
- Reading Books: Class 4 will continue to use the Accelerated Reader Scheme. This term we will return to children taking the same book home daily. Children will then do a quiz as normal before picking a new reading book.
- Online Sites: Class 4 have online access to TT Rockstars. TT Rockstars is a website that helps us develop our times tables knowledge. There are opportunities to practice independently and compete against our friends.
We hope that the above information is useful. If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch via the office or the Class 4 email.
Class 4 are a fabulous group of children and we are very excited for the year to come!